Salsas and sauces are fantastic ways to use the fresh summer produce you can so easily get at this time of year. Our One Lincoln chefs were inspired by the recent Bounty of the County event and special menu to create a wide variety of farm fresh inspired recipes. This salsa is a bit elevated than others similar – grilling the peaches and tomatoes help develop the flavors and bring a layer of smokiness to the dish. We’re excited for you to try this one yourself!
Grilled Heirloom Tomato and Peach Salsa
With Sweet and Spicy Pita Chips
- 4 farm fresh Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 large farm fresh Peach
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 of medium Red Onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Cut tomatoes and peach in half and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill 3-5 minutes on each side. Let cool for a few minutes so the pieces are manageable.
- Dice into small pieces.
- Dice red onion and add to mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pita Chip Ingredients
- Pre-made Pita Bread
- Cayenne Pepper
Pita Chip Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter the pre-made pita bread and sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar, and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until chips have a light golden color, but are still soft.