Spring has finally sprung (even though we still have some snow on the ground!) and that means we can take advantage of fresh, light, and crisp vegetables in our cooking now. Our talented Sous Chef, Kelly Gates, is sharing a bright recipe for your springtime entertaining. A perfect lunch or side dish to some steak or chicken cooked on the grill, your palette will enjoy the hearty farro intertwined with crisp vegetables and creamy goat cheese.
Farro & Vegetable Salad
- 1.5 cup of Farro
- 3 cups of Water
- 1 cup chopped Arugula
- 1/4 cup Snap Peas, thinly sliced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Beet, thinly sliced
- 3 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1.5 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Cook farro according to package instructions using the water. Let cool.
- Add all ingredients to farro. Toss with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over top and serve cold or at room temperature.